1. What was your first cosplay?
Robin Sena from Witch Hunter Robin. I wore her to my first convention, Otakon 2004.
2. Did someone get you into cosplay? Or on your own?
I got myself into it. Otakon's website mentioned cosplay, one thing led to another, and eventually I was browsing the Cosplay.com galleries thinking, "Hey, I could do this, too!"
3. What is your favourite cosplay?
It's hard to pick a favourite, but I have to admit my fondest memories are of Naruto. I worked really hard to make him accurate and well-constructed (seeing as the fandom doesn't have the best reputation), and it was just WAY too much fun being a little stinkpot. The shenanigans, oh the shenanigans.
4. Which is your least favourite?
Gaara & Shippuden Gaara. A nightmare I willingly inflicted on myself and my friends not once, but TWICE. :C
5. At conventions, do people compliment you on your cosplays?
Generally. Though oddly, the costumes that have gotten the biggest reactions have been my shittiest. LOL.
6. How many have you done?
Somewhere upwards of 50? I lost track a long time ago.
7. What are the top 5 on your list of "Want to Cosplay?"
1) General Beatrix (FFIX) - In Progress for Summer 2010
2) "Fall" Tink (Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure) - In Progress for Summer 2010
3) Makoto Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: SAC) - Planned for Summer/Fall 2010
4) Secret McSecret (Blah Blah Blah Blahblah) - Planned for Summer/Fall 2010
5) Summoner Yuna 2.0 (FFX) - Planned for Fall 2010
8. What female cosplay do you want to do most?
Right now I'm really psyched for Kusanagi, since I've been streaming GitS on Netflix. Her design is radically different from anything I've ever made, and I'm anxious to see how it goes. Plus almost all of my photographer friends LOVE the show, so I know i can count on super badass pictures.
9. What male cosplay do you want to do most?
Kiddy Chrno from Chrno Crusade. I have dreamed of making him for YEARS, and the time has never been quite right. Maybe one day.
10. What do you prefer to do, make or buy your costumes?
I make all of my costumes.
11. Your most memorable experience? What makes it so memorable?
Gag cosplaying Team Rocket with Kate. We threw our costumes together in maybe 10 minutes and were literally swamped at the convention. It made me realize, "WOW. This Pokemon thing is OUT OF CONTROL." (Apologies, but I'm not a fan.)
12. Your dream cosplay?
I honestly don't have one anymore. Every costume I make anymore is a little bit of a dream, since I never thought I'd have the skills to make half the things I do nowadays. Maybe Danielle's "Just Breath" gown from "Ever After?"
13. Is there a pattern in your cosplays? If so, what?
Final Fantasy? LOL, I'm absolutely taken with this series and I love the characters so much. I will not stop until I've cosplayed them all, I swear!
14. Your most recent cosplay?
Human Luna (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon) and Tinker Bell (Disney Fairies). I don't think Leonard (Big Bang Theory) counts, LOL.
15. What do you prefer? Cosplaying in a group or on your own?
I don't have a particular preference. If all groups were low-stress, I would definitely pick "group," but unfortunately things rarely go smoothly.